Saturday 22 September 2012

The Joys of Job Hunting

I am, as are a lot of other people at the moment, job hunting.  I actually quite enjoy the process of looking for the perfect role, the one you know you could do, and the one you would find interesting and satisfying, and then thinking about all the details, and how the job would fit in to your life.  I even quite like the application process, picking out the relevant details, and trying to prove yourself, it is a little like an exam and I quite enjoyed those!  However, once it has been submitted the doubts set in.  I then wonder if I could have written a sentence differently, or better.  I wonder about the people reading my application, whether they will like me or not, whether I have given them enough information to invite me to interview.  I then remember that there are a lot of people unemployed at the moment, that I had heard of a job recently with over a thousand applicants, and although I know that I am not alone it doesn't make the feeling any better.
I am finding it even more frustrating perhaps because after having been away I so desperately want to build a home, to have a job, real work I can get stuck into, a project to be working on.  Colleagues to get to know, plans to be made, and targets to be achieved. In many ways this year has been very hard for me simply because I haven't been working, and I haven't been building up to anything, I haven't had long term goals to work towards.  
This is pretty much my life at the moment, so I hope that my next update will be good news for you all, and then, perhaps I will stop blogging!

Some more pictures for you, this time, I am afraid they are not up to date, but some nice ones of my favourite bits of Britain!



Crock o Lune near Lancaster

Forest of Bowland, even after seeing all the amazing places I have in the world, this road is still in the top ten roads ever!

Peak District

Sussex Downs
Avebury    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment