Wednesday 8 June 2011

leaving and arriving

Well I am in Seattle! I am in the airport making use of my super kindle and thought I would let you all know I had arrived safely. Even the security people and the visa people here are so friendly- something I am always struck by in America, and now I am sat watching the planes with the biggest, sweetest smoothie I have ever had. And I deliberately ordered the healthy option with no added sugar- who adds sugar to a smoothie?
Leaving was mostly trying to squash everything into my rucksack and saying goodbye - something I'm not very good at. The time seemed to stretch out forever and then suddenly it was time to actually leave, the flexibility of time is something I never seem to get good at.
I can't wait for the next step and to actually arrive in Juneau and meet my hosts, see the island and the bay, and see whales.  I have a window seat on the plane too - if I can stay awake!

No comments:

Post a Comment