Monday 13 June 2011

Shelter Island

I have arrived at what might be the most beautiful place I have ever seen.  Huge skies, with spectacular sunsets, and bordered by snow topped mountains.  The place where I am staying is right on the beach, with thick forest all around.  Every day we hear the Eagles which are nesting in a tree above our hut.  Everyday we are stopped by the unmistakable sound of whales blowing out, and we see a cloud of spray scatter above the sea.  There are sea lions, beavers and all sorts of other 'exotic' creatures.  The people I am staying with are lovely, and every minute of my time here just feels incredible.  I went out in the kayak and saw so many whales I didn't know which ones to watch.  Internet and computer access is sketchy, so more when I have the opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jelly,

    I'm so glad you made it ok and you're having an amazing time. It sounds like paradise, what a way to start your adventure! With all that whale watching and sky gazing have you time to do a work? Have they tempted you to eat fish yet...sooner or later your come over to the darker side :p Boys are great, although they are up with the sun most mornings. Josh has got a taster morning at nursery this week-scary. Can't wait to read your next update and see how your going!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds amazing Jenny, am very jealous! Hope it continues to be brilliant, looking forward to hearing more
    Sx

    ReplyDelete