Wednesday 17 August 2011

Friends

I am so privileged, and such a lucky person to know so many wonderful people and thought I ought to take the time to thank you all.  I just wish I could do you all justice and thank you as well as the many wonderful things you do for me.  Firstly, a huge thank you to everyone who has had me to stay - who welcomed me when I said I was travelling, who gave me no deadlines, who were keen to see me even three weeks later, who planned all sorts of exciting and wonderful treats and adventures for me, and who insisted that I should feel at home with them.  Marcy, thank you for the wonderful cooking, the sunny garden, beautiful spare room and the many other things... Nicole and Rob, for welcoming me, taking me to see all the goodies in Montana, Bob and Elaine, wonderful hikes, bear advice, Yellowstone National Park, for feeding me, rodeo, flight advice etc...  Thank you, to everyone who has invited me to stay but I haven't got to yet!
I really appreciate everyone who has helped make this the most amazing and enjoyable trip ever!
Sara and Evan - new friends, who have welcomed me to their farm in Skamakwa, and have fed me well and taught me tons, and have been free to share their knowledge and expertise with me.  To their many friends too, who have welcomed me and fed me!
Kate and Naomi,  I know your not here, but cycling, everyday I thought of you (admittedly to wish you were here to help carry my stuff)  but also because you taught me to enjoy cycling, and without your influence I would never be cycling down the west coast and loving every minute of it. (Even the uphills) It is also a lot easier to get going in the mornings with your help!  (I averaged 10 mph and was comfortably doing 50 miles a day with front and rear panniers for your information - I think you will be proud.)
I have many more thanks, but I will get quite boring and sentimental, so please know how much I am thinking of you all everyday, and how nice it is to know that people are actually reading this occasionally and care about what I am up to.  All of you, have had some input into how I am, and I am taking you all with me on this trip!  Thank you for your support, I am so very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment