Friday 21 October 2011

Moving on

I have spent the last few days planning the next part of my trip.  I intend to cycle north up the East Coast, and have got some adventure cycling association maps, however getting phone numbers for campsites, checking that they are open, trying to find the best way of getting to the coast has taken a lot of time. What makes it harder is not knowing how far I will be travelling each day - the maps have no elevation profile as it is all flat!  I am very excited about doing some long days, but also anxious that I may not be able to, either because of the weather, or my own ineptitude!  I also want to deviate from the route suggested in the maps and see more of the Maryland coast, but I am not sure how realistic this will be.  I have bought a pair of shoes with cleats and changed my pedals, what a difference!  It is like learning to cycle all over again and my legs ache, I didn't realise that they would use different muscles!  I think, once I have got used to them they will be better as they seem so much safer than the toe clips I have been using.  Any way I will be leaving the home comforts behind once again on either Sunday or Monday and will be travelling again without much access to the computer so will try to update you all when I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment