Wednesday 23 November 2011

Staying with Susan


I have been very fortunate to have had such a super welcome from Susan and her family, and have really enjoyed the last couple of weeks staying with her.  Despite only a tenuous link I was welcomed with open arms, and have had a fantastic time.  It has been so nice for me to relax and be part of a family, and to spend time just doing silly things like going to the park, and games of mailman (which always seems to involve flying to Oregon to visit the grandparents) watching many many episodes of 'signing-time', (I can now do all sorts of animals, and other useful words in American Sign language!) cooking and eating good food and reading good books.  I have been so lucky to have got to know Susan, Tom and the children a bit, and feel very privileged to have done so.  I also feel I have learned a lot from my time here.  Susan and Tom have done everything to make my stay with them a good one - Thank you so much!

Susan is also writing a blog: bonsaisue.blogspot.com if you are interested in more of their adventures.

I have also done quite a lot of sightseeing, both in Washington and Baltimore, see other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment